Request for Travel Advance: You may request a travel advance for expenses incurred prior to a
trip. Complete the Travel Advance section of the Travel Worksheet, obtain the appropriate approval signature(s), attach original receipts, and submit to the Geography Purchasing/Travel Assistant at least 30 days in advance of the trip.
Travel Insurance: Please remember to register for UC Trip Insurance for travel outside of California. If you make your reservations via Connexxus (excluding flights on Southwest Airlines), your trip is automatically registered. Enrolling in UC trip insurance
Travel Reimbursement: In accordance with University policy, all travel reimbursement requests must be submitted to the UCSB Travel Accounting office within 45 days of the end of travel. To ensure reimbursement, please submit your travel worksheet and receipts to the Geography Purchasing/Travel Assistant within 30 days of the end of travel. Complete the Travel Worksheet, obtain the appropriate approval signature(s), attach original receipts, and return the completed paperwork to the Geography Purchasing/Travel Assistant.
Per UC policy, original receipts are required and must show proof of payment. The following receipts are required:
- Airline Passenger Receipts**
- Rental car receipts, including gas receipts
- Hotel receipts (must be itemized to show nightly rates, applicable taxes, etc.)
- Conference registration receipts
- Receipts for local transportation costing $75 or more (rail ticket stubs, bus tickets, taxi receipts)
- Receipts for miscellaneous supplies
** U.S. Flag Carriers must be used for travel on federal funds.
Missing original receipts: If you are unable to locate original receipts for your trip, please complete a Declaration of Missing Evidence form and provide an alternate proof of purchase (i.e. credit card statement showing payment).
Direct Billing to Grant/Contract: If you would like to have the cost of your airfare directly billed to your grant/contract, please do the following:
- Submit a completed and signed Travel Worksheet to the Geography Purchasing/Travel Assistant.
- Reserve your flight through Connexxus.
- Send the reservation email to the Geography Purchasing/Travel Assistant.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Patricia Halloran,
Purchasing/Travel Assistant: phone: (805) 893-4998; email: email@example.com