Unrestricted gifts to the Department can be made by credit card through our on-line giving form. Please select “Geography” from the drop-down menu on Giving Online to the Sciences. To make a gift by mail (via check or credit card) or to designate your gift to a specific purpose, please fill out the downloadable form and return
- Beth Hough
Development Services Manager
Engineering and the Sciences Development
UC Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-6035
Unrestricted gifts to the Department are designated to the highest priority needs by the Department Chair. This flexible funding allows the Department to seize new opportunities that emerge, as well as to support the existing outstanding students, faculty, programs, and research. Unrestricted gifts can:
- create top-notch learning programs for undergraduates
- support and reward the research endeavors of our very best students
- facilitate cutting edge research efforts that move both science and society forward
- attract and hire the most competitively recruited scientists at every stage of their careers
- support the best and brightest graduate students in their pursuit of a Ph.D. degree
- bring distinguished lecturers to the Department to the benefit of both faculty and students
- outfit and equip laboratories where faculty and students of all levels can interact
At the heart of any great institution are the people whose vision and talent define it. In the Department of Geography, we seek funding that will enable us to attract and retain world-class scholars and the most promising students.
The strength of a university department is often evaluated on the quality of its students and the research in which they are engaged. Our ability to recruit and retain the very best scholars is essential to the success of the Department. Education is at the core of our mission, and your support of the outstanding undergraduates and graduates within the Department is instrumental in our ability to educate the next generation of leaders whose future endeavors will have a profound impact on society.
Visit the following links to Departmental Awards and Established Named Awards.